Risk-Based Ship Design
It is clear that technological and regulatory developments in ship design and operation will take on risk-based procedures going forward, and these are already established in other industries. So, why does the maritime industry seem to hesitate?
Risk-based ship design is growing in popularity in the maritime industry. It is also of growing interest to researchers, engineers and professionals from various disciplines related to ship design, construction, operation and regulation.
The main motivation to use risk-based approaches is twofold: the implementation of a novel ship design which is considered safe but - for some regulatory reason - cannot currently be approved, and/or rationally optimising an existing design with respect to safety, without compromising efficiency and performance.
It is clear that technological and regulatory (IMO) developments regarding ship design and operation will take on risk-based procedures going forward, and risk-based procedures are already well established in industries such as nuclear and aviation. So, why does the maritime industry seem to hesitate? Find out during the seminar.
- Welcome by Jeppe Skovbakke Juhl, BIMCO
- Introduction to risk-based ship design and goal-based regulation by Jeppe Skovbakke Juhl, BIMCO
- Design case - experiences from the construction site by Jesper Aagesen, DFDS
- Design case related to LNG tank arrangements by Kim Nørby Christensen, Knud E. Hansen
- Condition based maintenance and risk-based surveys by Joar Håland, DNV-GL
- Round up – Conclusions by Jeppe Skovbakke Juhl, BIMCO
The event is in collaboration with Danish Society for Naval Architecture and Marine Engineering Foundation.
IDA laver hvert år et væld af webinarer, som spænder fra dybt fagtekniske emner inden for naturvidenskab, it og engineering til konkrete råd, om hvordan du håndterer dit arbejdsliv.
De foregår live, men efterfølgende kan du se dem i optaget version på IDAs hjemmeside.
Vær opmærksom på, det ikke er tilladt at dele hverken zoomlinket eller link til video med andre, eller at optage lyd og billeder af webinaret.