PRINCE2 Foundation e-learning in English
Learn to manage projects through the world's most recognized best practice in project management. Get an overview of principles, processes and themes. Teaching takes place on an adaptive learning platform that adapts to your knowledge and skills.
PRINCE2® Foundation e-learning incl. certification
In this e-learning course in PRINCE2® Foundation you will gain a basic understanding of PRINCE2® and learn about the methods and principles behind it.
After the course, you will be able to become more involved in projects and have an overview of approaches, processes and procedures. You will become more confident in project management with reduced risk of exceeded deadlines and budgets
On the course you will work with:
- PRINCE2® processes, principles and themes
- Content and preparation of the business case
- Overview of the project life-cycle
- Composition of the project organization with defined roles and responsibilities
- Understanding of the customer, supplier and business in the project
- Product-based planning
- Estimating time and resources
- The project's quality management and control
- Identification and analysis of threats and opportunities
- Embedding and adapting PRINCE2® to the organization
The e-learning takes place on an adaptive learning platform. That is, teaching automatically adapts to your learning style, your knowledge and your skills. All with a focus on learning as much as possible as soon as possible.
You will have access to the course for 6 months and take the course where and when it suits you best.
You can also refresh your knowledge from individual areas to make sure you don't forget something you've already learned.
You will have access to the two official test exams with detailed explanations for each alternative, including references to the PRINCE2® manual. You can take them as many times as you want to see how well you are prepared for your PRINCE2® Foundation exam.
Included in the course is one professional back-and-forth session with your personal PRINCE2® instructor. E-learning gives you flexibility, but it can be nice to talk the topics through with a professional.
The course is for those who want a useful method for planning, organizing and managing a project from A-Z.
This is relevant if you work in projects - either as a project participant, team leader or project manager.
Become one of the more than 500,000 PRINCE2® certified worldwide and help ensure effective project results.
There are no prerequisites for completing an e-learning course in PRINCE2® Foundation.
You will receive an official PRINCE2® Foundation certification once you have passed the exam.
After the course, you will be able to become more involved in projects and have an overview of approaches, processes and procedures as well as be able to help manage the project successfully with reduced risk of exceeded deadlines and budgets.
After completing the PRINCE2® Foundation course you have:
- A basic understanding of managing and participating in projects
- A comprehensive overview of the principles, themes and processes of the PRINCE2® method
- Greater focus on projects that deliver clear results
- Competencies to identify inappropriate workflows and unrealistic projects
The prerequisite knowledge required to pass the PRINCE2® Foundation certification exam.
Your company's yield:
- Project participants, team leaders and project managers who all have the same project language and work with the same principles and processes, to increase the project success rate increases
- A controlled and efficient project management that reduces errors and unprofitable projects
- Projects that deliver the agreed on time and within the budget
How the course PRINCE2® Foundation e-learning is run
- Adaptive learning platform that adapts to your knowledge, skills and way of learning.
- 23 modules / 5-40 hours of teaching in adaptive e-learning, quizzes and test exams
- The official PRINCE2® manual
- Possibility of professional sparring with your personal PRINCE2® instructor who provides sparring and guidance throughout the course
- The course is fully optimized for both desktop and mobile
Here's how the exam runs:
- Number of questions: 60
- Format: Multiple choice
- Passed by 33 correct answers (55%)
- Aids: No manual or other aids allowed
- Duration: 1 hour
- It is possible to apply for extra time for the exam if English is not your native language, if you are dyslexic or have other special needs.
You can take your online exam anywhere and anytime.
Once you have completed your e-learning, taken your test exams and feel ready to take the official certification exam, you book your exam with us. Then we order an exam voucher for you from the official exam provider, PeopleCert, and send you instructions on how to take your online exam.
Then you book your exam yourself at a time that suits you.
During the exam, an online exam guard will tell you how to get started. You will need a computer with webcam and microphone to communicate with the exam guard during your exam.
The price includes:
- The official PRINCE2® manual (6th edition)
- Access to adaptive digital learning platform for 6 months
- 2 test exams
- Possibility of professional back-and-forth with an accredited PRINCE2® instructor during the course
- The official PRINCE2® Foundation certification exam
- 1 extra exam attempt if you do not pass the first time
- Exam certificate
You will gain access to the course approx. 1 business day after you buy it. You will be enrolled to the digital learning platform, Area9 Rhapsode, after which you will receive an email from Area9 Rhapsode with a link to your course. Please note that we do not send mails from late Friday to Monday morning.
The start date stated here on the course page is only an indicative date. You can start the course as soon as you receive the mail from Area9 Rhapsode. After that you have access to the course for 6 months.
We will send the PRINCE2® manual in English to you by mail. You will receive it at the address you specified at your registration.
Adaptive learning platform Area9 Rhapsode
The digital learning platform differs markedly from other traditional e-learning platforms, which are often constructed linearly and where all students must follow the same structure and thus the same content.
The Area9 Rhapsode Learning Platform is adaptive. This means that it adapts the content you view to your specific level, depending on how you answer questions along the way in the modules. The built-in AI engine thus helps you to understand all the necessary theoretical material and get through it faster.
For an in-depth explanation of all the features of this platform, watch the following video:
The PRINCE2® courses on this page are offered by MetierWestergaard A/S ATO / Affiliate of AXELOS Limited. PRINCE2® is a registered trade mark of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved.
Senior Management Consultant and Trainer
Steen is certified in i.a. PRINCE2®, ITIL® and LEAN. He teaches in Project Management, and is an accredited PRINCE2® and PRINCE2 Agile® teacher.
Steen has more than 15 years of experience with project management, personnel management, steering group work, process optimization, method implementation, IT Service Management (ITIL), transformation, strategy and governance etc.
Steen has worked in roles such as: Management Consultant, project manager and manager. He has taught ITIL® and PRINCE2® alongside his 'daily' work.
As a teacher, it is important for Steen to use practical experiences from his own assignments and from the students' everyday lives to create a good interaction between theory, method and practice.
Steen is recognized for being deep in the material he teaches - while teaching with high spirits.
Education and training. Project Management. Portfolio management. Management. Steering groups. Process optimization. Method implementation. IT Service Management (ITIL®). Strategy. Governance. Change Management.
Cand. Mag., History and English, University of Copenhagen, 2001
An excerpt from Steen's certifications:
2020: PRINCE2 Agile® Practitioner
2020: ITIL4® Managing Professional
2019: PRINCE2® 2017 Practitioner
2018: LITA LEAN IT Foundation
2008: ITIL® V3 Expert
2008: PRINCE2® Trainer
2005: PRINCE2® Registered Practitioner
NOTE: When registering for the course, your name, e-mail and telephone number will be communicated to Metier. The contact information is used exclusively for registration of your registration, your back-and-forth with a trainer and for the certification itself. Your contact information will not be used for marketing purposes.